1/13/2016

David Bowie: The Man Ahead Of His Time


 My impression of David Bowie and how he affected my life...



I'm very shocked and sad that legend like David Bowie left us. He is an icon that will live forever in our hearts. He gave us a lot of masterpieces which will be remembered forever. His career lasted for almost 50 years but now we're forced to say the last goodbye to this incredible genius...


My first memory of Bowie was on ''We Children From Bahnhof Zoo'' movie when I was about 9 years old. I remember that scene well. He appeared on stage in red jacket and jeans and looked ordinary, better said uninteresting ( for me ). I didn't care much at that time. He was unknown and inessential to me. But, you can't blame me, I was just 9 year old girl who still showed interest in dolls and believed in Santa Claus.


Few years later I got into rock scene. Since the beginning I was showing an interest for 60's and 70's culture (which includes music and fashion, of course). I started googling everything about that extraordinary and progressive decades. From the rise and break up of The Beatles over Sharon Tate's terrible death to Studio 54's legendary stories and pictures which leave me breatless.


The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, The Queen... it all started with groups and performers that I'd already been involved. Soon, I became to take an interest in other performers such as Janis Joplin, The Doors, The Ramones, Led Zeppelin as well as DAVID BOWIE.


Androgynus appereance, different coloured eyes and eccentric style which includes playing with incompatible fashion styles for many people ... David Bowie was unique. No one can say different. I'm not his dedicated fan. I know his few song ( maybe 6 or 7 ) which I listen regularly and really, really enjoy. His songs have a strong message and for me he's more like a modern poet than just a singer. He didn't know how to say it, so he sing it. Every his thought, dream, act... he presented it to us the best he knew.


Bowie made stories and revived his characters. Ziggy Stardust, The Thin White Duke and others were all a part of him. But together they make a whole. Together... that's a real Bowie that we had to discover. He was like a puzzle. Each period, he gave us a part of himself. Our only had to understand him.

David Bowie is and will be one of my biggest fashion and life inspirations. For me, he presents someone who isn't afraid of taking risks. Many famous designers all around the world have been inspired by his crazy outfits in their works and they admitted it. Every year, during masked balls month, I always remember him and his crazy outfits and try to do my best. That helps me to enjoy the role becuse he doesn't just wear the costume, he becomes that person whicj is brilliant!
Also, his fight for equality and freedom are things that pull me forward.



He inspired many musicians and totally changed the POP CULTURE. Without him, there wouldn't be Madonna, Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, leona Lewis and others that today teens admire.


Unfortunately, we lost this legend. He is gone to a better place. One by one we're losing the great ones. We have to be grateful that we're blessed with his visual and musical genius right up till the end. Remember:

''The world is 4.543 billion years old and you somehow managed to exist at the same time as David Bowie.''

And goodbye David Bowie. Now you're another shinning star on this lovely midnight sky !













No comments:

Post a Comment